Monday 29 January 2018

impressionist Journey

Impressionist Journeys



The brush strokes of my life lie thinly veiled
Beneath the glossy veneer, of this charming smile.

Endearing me to a city that I do not know
Or is it the foreign dollar that, unbeknownst to me, opens those doors. 

Where they say three climes, in a day, can come and go. 
Where every rain chases away laughter
And every drain, gurgles with pending disaster. 

They say that these rouge bonhomies have sponge brain
Not a communicable disease, but a talent no less,
Who yap with accents that can make even cockneys cringe.

A true impressionist would use delicate colour 
But in this drear city what better postcard can I offer
That captures this venture from the new world to the old. 

(C)
Shafeesthoughts 28th January 2018
MS BACHELANI 

A London Cabbie’s passengers story. 

No comments: